Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) 2023 African Youth Storytelling Contest
ad of GLF Nairobi 2023, the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) are hosting a storytelling contest for young Africans to unleash their creativity and share their visions for thriving landscapes across the continent.
Let your imagination run wild and your story unfold!
Do you have a powerful story to share about your vision for a thriving Africa where landscapes are healthy, communities prosper, and justice prevails?
We believe that storytelling has the power to ignite change, inspire action and connect people across borders. After an incredible storytelling contest last year featuring stories from every corner of the continent, the 2023 Africa Youth Storytelling Contest will provide a platform for your visions to reach a global stage.Table of Content
About Global Landscape Forum (GLF)
We are the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on sustainable land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Agreement. We have connected 4,400 organizations and 180,000 participants to our gatherings in Warsaw, Lima, London, Paris, Marrakech, Jakarta, Bonn, Washington D.C., Katowice, Nairobi and Kyoto – and reached over 500 million from 185 countries. We are greening Africa through the AFR100 and Latin America through Initiative 20×20. We are fighting to save the world’s peatlands through the Global Peatlands Initiative and its coastal communiti… read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Global Landscape Forum (GLF) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Like our website? Follow us on Facebook
GLF African Youth Storytelling Contest
- Type Entrepreneurs
- OrganisationGlobal Landscape Forum (GLF)
- Country to study –
- School to study –
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline August 31, 2023
Aim and Benefits of GLF African Youth Storytelling Contest
The top 10 to 15 entries will be featured on our website and social media channels, as well as during GLF Nairobi 2023, reaching thousands of people gathered in person and online to forge a brighter future for the world’s landscapes.
Apart from the incredible opportunity to showcase your talent and share your vision with a global audience, the three best stories will receive prizes of EUR 500, 300 and 200 respectively.
Requirements for GLF African Youth Storytelling Contest Qualification
The contest is open to anyone between the ages of 18 and 35 born and/or currently living in Africa or part of the African diaspora.
Checkout: How To Write A Scholarship Essay – Scholarship Essay Examples
Interview date, Process and Venue for GLF African Youth Storytelling Contest
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Creativity, passion and originality;
- Relevance to the theme of alternative visions for Africa’s peoples and landscapes;
- Clarity of expression and communication of ideas;
- Overall impact and effectiveness.
August 31, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Global Landscape Forum (GLF) on events.globallandscapesforum.org to apply
We welcome a diverse range of storytelling forms that capture the essence of your vision for a thriving Africa.
- Video: short films, interviews, documentaries – anything you like! (In case you’re facing data limitations, you’re welcome to submit audio stories).
- Poetry or music: Original poetry, songs or any other forms of art may also be included in your video or audio story.
- Art or animation: You can submit artwork (paintings, sculptures, etc.) or animations associated with the contest theme.
- Another creative medium that showcases your unique perspective.
TIPS FOR YOUR APPLICATION
Submitting your entry is a breeze!
- Don’t forget to include a photo of yourself in the application.
- Please remember to include the following in your story (e.g. at the beginning or end of the video or audio):
- Your full name
- Your municipality and country
- The name of your community
- The logo of your organization (if applicable)
In case you want to send your video or audio story in any language other than English, please also provide an English transcript in the relevant part of the application form.
We’re looking forward to receiving your submissions. If you experience any issues uploading your stories, we will be happy to receive them via WhatsApp. Write to Hyginus Laari at [email protected] for more information.
For more details, visit GLF website