American University In Cairo (AUC) 2024 Fellowships For International Students
The American University in Cairo (AUC) has two categories of fellowships: institutional and sponsored. Institutional fellowships are funded by the University while sponsored fellowships are from private endowments and donors.
Fellowships are highly competitive awards. They are open to new students and may also be available to continuing graduate students who display superior performance in their academic endeavors, depending on the availability of allocated funds for a given fellowship award.
While both types of fellowships recognize high achieving applicants, the University considers financial need as well as academic merit. Preference is given to those who wish to pursue full-time study in a graduate program at AUC.
- The graduate admission application must be submitted at least two weeks before the fellowship deadline
- Applicants do NOT need to receive their admission decision prior to submitting a graduate fellowship application online
- Graduate diploma-seeking students are not eligible for institutional fellowships
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), and Master in Computing (M.Comp.) degree-seeking students are not eligible for institutional fellowships
- Non-degree students are not eligible for institutional fellowships
- AUC community members (faculty/staff/dependent) cannot benefit from fellowship support alongside AUC’s tuition remission benefits
- Graduate students found in breach of academic integrity will be automatically rendered ineligible for fellowship support
- For study-abroad non-degree graduate students’ possible financial support,click here
- International students may be eligible for a monthly housing allowance or accommodation in the AUC residences at AUC New Cairo Campus, based on need.
Table of Content
About American University in Cairo (AUC)
Founded in 1919, AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries. The University stands as a crossroads for the world’s cultures and a vibrant forum for reasoned argument, spirited debate and understanding across the diversity of languages, facilities and human experiences. The University offers 36 undergraduate, 44 mast… read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new American University in Cairo (AUC) scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Like our website? Follow us on Facebook
AUC Fellowships For International Students
- Type Postgraduate
- OrganisationAmerican University in Cairo (AUC)
- Country to study Egypt
- School to study American University in Cairo
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline October 5, 2023
Aim and Benefits of AUC Fellowships For International Students
Fellowship awards can be given in the form of full tuition fees coverage of nine credits per semester or partial tuition fees coverage between one and eight credits. Graduate students must apply for fellowship support renewal every semester unless otherwise specified in the fellowship listing and/or the fellowship award letter. Fellowship renewal is neither automatic nor guaranteed.
During an exchange semester, institutional fellowships coverage is only limited to AUC tuition. Graduate Student Support Grants can possibly provide support for other expenses as per the support grants criteria and regulations.
Fellowship Duration and Renewal
Institutional fellowship awards are usually for one semester. You must reapply every semester if you continue to demonstrate academic excellence and financial need. Fellowships may or may not be available in the summer and winter sessions. For externally funded fellowships (non-institutional awards) you need to check the specified duration of coverage and terms provided in your signed letter of award. Some of the externally funded fellowships available provide coverage of remedial English courses.
Requirements for AUC Fellowships For International Students Qualification
To compete for the fellowship as a graduate student, you must have completed your AUC application for admission and submitted a graduate fellowship application online.
- Priority will be given to applicants with excellent academic standing, and who are fully admitted into a given graduate program.
- Applicants who are provisionally admitted with remedial English language requirements are eligible for fellowship support.
- Institutional and external fellowships may cover remedial English language requirements unless otherwise stated in the specific fellowship listing.
- Applicants who are provisionally admitted with the condition of achieving certain grades in one or more program graduate courses are eligible for fellowship support.
- Applicants who are provisionally admitted with prerequisite undergraduate courses are NOT eligible for fellowship support.
- A GPA of 3.2 or higher is needed for continuing graduate students to be eligible for applying for fellowships unless otherwise stated in the specific fellowship listing.
- A GPA of 3.2. or higher is needed for continuing graduate fellows to retain the fellowship unless otherwise stated in the specific fellowship listing.
Interview date, Process and Venue for AUC Fellowships For International Students
Selection: The selection of fellowship awards is conducted through a selection committee. Each fellowship application is thoroughly reviewed by the selection committee. Fellowship committee members take into consideration academic performance, individual circumstances and demand for a fellowship from other applicants.
Fellowship Calendar (Spring 2024)
- The fellowship application for spring 2024 will be available for all degree-seeking graduate students who wish to apply for a fellowship starting October 5, 2023.
- The deadline for applying for spring 2024 is October 26, 2023.
Fellowship Calendar (Fall 2024)
There are two cycles for applying to fall 2024:
- Fellowship cycle 1 is from December 20, 2023 – January 16, 2024
- Fellowship cycle 2 is from April 7 – May 7, 2024
October 5, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to American University in Cairo (AUC) on ssb-prod.ec.aucegypt.edu to apply
For the full list of fellowships and application instructions, click here
To apply, click here
For All Applicants
- It is the responsibility of applicants who are seeking financial support provided by the institution to remain informed of the fellowship and financial aid application deadlines
- Fellows who are assigned a number of working hours with their program of study that will involve teaching assistantship must attend a mandatory teaching assistantship training. For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here.
For New Applicants to Fellowships
The system will not allow you to apply for fellowships unless your graduate admission application is on record. If you have already or recently submitted your graduate admission application and received a student ID number, allow seven working days before starting the online fellowship web application process.
If, one week after receiving your student ID number, the system still does not allow you to start the process, contact [email protected] for technical assistance.
For Continuing Graduate Students Applying for Fellowships
If you already have a Banner Self-Service account, feel free to proceed and complete the fellowship application once you have checked the eligibility requirements by the announced deadlines.
For Recipients of Externally Funded Fellowships
The inability or unwillingness to provide any of the below gives nominated candidates the right to decline the award of a fellowship.
You must agree to the following terms and be committed to:
- Respond to any reporting requests which may include an academic performance progress report and photo by the announced deadline.
- Attend scholarship/fellowship orientation events or any meetings requested which may include events with the donors.